What clothes to wear in New York in February is a question on many travelers’ lips, when planning a trip to the larger than life city. When visiting Gotham it has many to offer from culture and food, entertainment and art, dining and nightlife, attractions to see, shopping and unmistakable charm. However, before you start getting all excited there are a few things you should know, while planning this wonderful relaxing trip. Let’s look at what to pack for a trip to New York in February.
Weather in New York in February
If planning to visit New York in February you need to know how the weather is like. February is the chilliest time with snow for New Yorkers, and winter fashion is high on anyone’s list. Therefore, it is wise to pack accordingly. Average temperature: High 4 degree and low -3 degree
For Woman, what outfits to carry while travelling New York in February
As it is very chilly, we suggest you pack some versatile clothes to keep warm:
- The black pant is a yes, as it goes with any fashion creation.
- A warm jacket is a must for outside in beige or brown to easily be combined with your other clothes.
- Some nice light wool tops to wear under the jacket.
- The skinny type jean can be worn anywhere with different types of shoes as they are very versatile.
- Pair of flat boots, brown sneakers and flat pumps, are great as you will be walking a lot.
For men, what clothes to wear in New York during winters
- Sweaters with neutral colors
- Thick long sleeve shirts
- Two to three pairs of warm pants
- The warm jacket is a must in black, brown or beige color.
- Comfortable boots, sneakers and a pair of casual shoes for evening when going out.
- And the pair of denim is always suitable for any day time wear.
For children, what to bring in New York during February
- Few pairs of long pants for boys and girls, the color black as usual.
- Some warm long shirts are adaptable for both boys and girls.
- For girl some spandex pants and oversized jerseys do great especially if they want to ice-skate.
- Do not fail to remember the warm jacket to be worn on any occasion.
As you are visiting New York in winter the following essentials are necessary:
- Gloves, hats, scarves, warm pairs of socks and waterproof jackets are high on the list for each member of the family
- You can even invest in some waterproof boots for the family to wear.
- For mom some versatile accessories like stylish handbag, two belts and jewelry, plus Jouer Cosmetics palette with all required make up in one set.
- Sunglasses for all as the sun and snow can be bright.
- The passport is the most important part of the trip along with your camera to capture every moment of the trip.
Places to visit in New York
New York has many places to offer for a visit that consists of the following:
- Visit to Empire State Building is incomplete without a stop to Gotham city, where you can find the work of art and Deco design. Open all year round until past midnight. In addition, on a clear day your view will cover the five states.
- The wonder woman the Statue of Liberty symbol of freedom for all, with her torch standing 300 feet above ground she enlightens the world.
- Central Park, the cities play ground covers 843 acres, found in the heart of Manhattan where you can walk, run, and ice skate in winter for those looking for tranquility in their lives.
- The 9/11 Memorial-honoring thousands of people whose lives was taken on the dreadful day of 11 September 2001, visit the reflecting pools of all the names of people who died in this terrible attack.
- You must visit to Big Apple to tease your taste buds. With Pizza from Roberta in 261 Moore Street, Hot Dogs from Crif Dogs 113 Saint Marks Place, Burgers from Shake Shack Madison Square Park and for the sweet tooth some delicious Cupcakes for dessert from Crumbs Bakeshop Grand Central and various other locations.