How to take out eye makeup ?
Do you know how to remove eye makeup at home, without the quintessential, reliable, and over-the-counter makeup remover in a bottle? Any female knows that eye makeup does not wash off completely with just soap and water. To keep your face squeaky clean and fresh from all that face paint before going to bed, use any of these easy-to-follow tips to remove eye makeup at home.
Method 1: How to use Vaseline to take out eye makeup
Vaseline, or any brand of petroleum jelly, has numerous uses, one of which is as an effective makeup remover of the most stubborn waterproof cosmetics.
- Using a cotton bud or your finger, get a dash of petroleum jelly and apply it evenly on your eyelids.
- Massage your eyelids gently to spread out the petroleum jelly and loosen the makeup.
- Wipe off the petroleum jelly gently with a tissue, cotton ball, or a damp towel.
Method 2: Baby lotion to do away with eye makeup
Use gentle, unscented lotion to avoid irritation around the eyes.
- Squeeze a dime-sized dollop of lotion on your finger and apply it evenly on your eyelids. Be careful. Avoid getting any lotion on your eyes.
- Use makeup wipes, tissue, or damp disposable washcloth to wipe off the lotion. Make sure you wipe everything off.
- Wash your face thoroughly. This ensures that any leftover lotion does not seep into your skin’s pores.
- Wipe your face dry with a towel.
Method 3: Cleaning eye makeup with oil
While you can technically use any oil to get rid of makeup at home, you should use baby oil or vegetable oil to prevent possible skin irritation or allergic reaction. Aside from removing eye makeup, oil also moisturizes your skin.
- Put some baby oil or vegetable oil on your eyelids. Rub the skin gently.
- Wipe off the oil completely with damp tissue or makeup wipes.
Method 4: How to take out eye makeup with baby shampoo
Why not just use any kind of shampoo? Remember, you are removing makeup near the eyes, which can get irritated easily. Using gentle and hypoallergenic baby shampoo to remove eye makeup at home helps you take care of your eyes from unnecessary tearing and itching.
- Using your fingers, moisten your eyelids with warm or lukewarm tap water.
- Squirt a dollop of baby shampoo on a cotton ball. This makes the process less messy.
- Using the cotton ball, apply baby shampoo on the eye area.
- Close your eyes and massage your eyelids gently. Do this for at least five minutes. Foam will form on the skin.
- Wash everything off with lukewarm water.
- Wipe your face dry with a towel.
Method 5: Removing eye makeup with witch hazel and olive oil
This do-it-yourself makeup remover requires a little more steps and effort on your part, but some experts have dubbed as the best, quickest, and most effective alternative to petroleum jelly in removing eye makeup.
What you need:
- 2 ounces of witch hazel
- 2 ounces of olive oil
- A small and clean container
- Pour witch hazel and olive oil into the container and mix them thoroughly.
- When you are about to use the mixture, shake the container to ensure that the two ingredients are blended together.
- Pour a little of the mix on cotton ball or a reusable cloth.
- Apply the mix across your eyelids. Make sure to apply enough on the area.
- Wipe your eyelids dry with a clean cotton ball.
- Repeat the steps as necessary.
Method 6: How to remove eye makeup with honey
For some, the many, many uses of honey can come off as a surprise. Here is another: Honey is an alternative eye makeup remover and skin moisturizer all rolled into one.
- Honey is very thick, so just get a little smidgen of honey on your finger.
- Using your fingers, rub the honey lightly and then apply it on your eyelids.
- Massage your eye area gently for five
- Wipe it off with a damp towel, tissue, or makeup wipes.
Method 7: How to take out eye makeup with yogurt
Preferably, use plain yogurt to remove eye makeup at home, but if what you have in stock are the flavored ones, they will do just fine.
- Get a teaspoonful of yogurt on a cotton ball and apply it on your eyelids.
- Massage the yogurt gently on your eyelids for at least five minutes.
- Wash your face thoroughly with warm or lukewarm tap water. Be careful not to leave anything on your face; the bacteria in the yogurt could wreak havoc on your face.
Method 8: How to clean eye makeup with baby wipes
Using baby wipes is probably the easiest, most hassle-free, most sleep-friendly way to remove eye makeup at home. All you have to do is buy a stash of baby wipes and store it on your bedside table. Pull one and wipe it across your closed eyes. Repeat as necessary. Voila! You are done!
If you find this article interesting, kindly consider sharing it on Facebook and Google plus. Thanks !!