Jamaica has many beautiful beaches which provide an excellent view and are of immense scenic beauty. Some of its beaches are peaceful while some of its beaches are known for water-sports.
The top 10 beaches in Jamaica are:
1. Seven Mile beach: It is located on the western shore of the Grand Cayman Island. You can also try water-sports. You can even party late night.
2. Cosmos beach: If you are searching for serenity then this is the place you should visit. It is near the Seven Mile beach.
3. Reggae beach: Music is the special attraction here. You can hear some good Reggae music here. There are also some restaurants which serve local tasty food. The cliffs present at either end enhance its beauty. It is located to the east of Ocho Rios.
4. Boston beach: This place of white sands and clear water is renowned for surfing. You will also find the best jerk-stands in the country here. The large waves are appropriate for surfing. You can even take surfing lessons if you want.
5. Doctor’s cave beach: It has many facilities like, changing rooms, restaurants and bar. The sand of the beach is almost white. You can rent chairs on the beach. Water-sports are available here.
6. Treasure beach: If you are looking for an absolute peaceful location, then it is a perfect choice. It is known for fishing.
7. Cornwall beach: It is located on the western coast of Jamaica. It is situated near the Montego Bay. The water is calm here and the place is relatively quieter. It has a number of restaurants.
8. Burwood beach: It is a public beach. It is located along the north coast highway. It has calm water and white sand. Vendors are available here.
9. Silver Sands: This place is situated along the north coast highway in the Duncan’s. There are a few local shops selling drinks.
10. Long bay beach: It lies on the central south coast of Jamaica. It is a private beach. It is a quiet and peaceful beach. It is good for surfing.
Going to a beach is always an enjoyable experience. However, you should be careful while swimming. You should swim only if you find the water to be calm. You should not swim in turbulent water and in harsh weather conditions.