Pimples are a natural skin condition that everyone gets occasionally. To some, however, they can be a stubborn and embarrassingly frequent curse. Knowing how to get rid of pimples fast is probably one of the most sought-after mysteries in the world of skin care. Whether you prefer solving the problem on your own or seeking professional help, there are several proven ways that you can get rid of pimples overnight. Read on to find out how to get rid of pimples fast/overnight:
Method 1: Home remedies for acne treatment:
Here are the top five most commonly found items at home that can help you to get rid of pimples fast using home remedies. Make sure you read carefully to know which one will work best for you.
1. Toothpaste and ice. Who would have thought that toothpaste can be used for more than just dental care? Some toothpaste brands may contain baking soda and other chemicals that can quickly and effectively dry out an irksome zit overnight. Read the ingredients of the toothpaste that you intend to use, though. Your skin woes can worsen if you are unlucky enough to be sensitive or allergic to the toothpaste.
Extra tip: Use pure white toothpaste only. Studies show that allergic reactions result from flavoring ingredients like mint. Dab a little toothpaste on the pimple and leave it on overnight or for at least 30 minutes. Wash your face thoroughly afterward. Because toothpaste dries out skin, follow up the treatment by applying ice over the affected area. Ice reduces the chances of inflammation or swelling. It helps improve blood circulation and shrinks skin pores, preventing pimple-causing dirt to enter the skin.
2. Lemon juice. Lemon juice dries out pimples fast and nourishes the skin with Vitamin C. Just like with toothpaste, lemon juice is not for people with sensitive skin or skin allergies. Use fresh lemon juice. The bottled variety contains artificial sweeteners and preservatives. Wash your face before going to bed. Then dip a cotton ball in freshly squeezed lemon juice, and dab it on affected areas. Leave it on overnight. In the morning, wash your face well with lukewarm water.
3. Honey for treating acne. You can follow this up with honey, a natural antibiotic that quickens the healing process of the skin. Just dip a cotton ball in honey and apply it to your skin. Leave it on for half an hour. Then wash your face thoroughly.
4. Aloe vera for acne treatment: Aloe vera is well known for its anti-bacterial properties and it helps in decreasing the redness and inflammation of pimple. Wash your face well & pat dry it. Now apply 1-2 drops of aloe vera gel directly over the pimple and leave it to dry.
5. Tea tree oil for treating pimple: Tea tree oil has very strong antibacterial properties, and is also well known for its healing characteristics. It’s application is simple and easy to use. You can apply few drops of tea tree oil 2 to 3 times a day on affected area. This will help in reducing the swelling & treat the acne fast. In case you feel any irritation, don’t discontinue its usage. Your skin might be sensitive. You can ad few drops of water to dilute the concentration.
6. Massage with Vitamin-E oil capsule: Take a vitamin-E oil capsule, cut it into 2 halves. Now massage your face with this oil for atleast 12-15 minutes & wash off with gentle face wash. Repeat this exercise twice a week. It helps greatly in reducing the pimples & their scars.
Method 2: Over the counter acne treatment products:
Most over-the-counter drugs that help you get rid of pimples contain salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide. If you prefer to use commercial products to help you to get rid of pimples fast or overnight , make sure you check the ingredients of each product carefully. You can choose from these options:
- A prescription cream that has retinoids (derived from vitamin A). This option unclogs follicles.
- A prescription gel that has 5 percent of dapsone. This fights the redness and burning that involve pimples.
- A combination creams of benzoyl peroxide and antibiotics, such as clindamycin.
- Birth control pills, which can help only if the cause of your pimple breakouts is hormonal imbalance.
- Oral antibiotics, which act as anti-inflammatories.
Consulting your dermatologist first to clear you of any skin allergies will also save you money and potentially disastrous side effects.
Method 3: How to get rid of acne scars:
Getting rid of pimples is just half the battle won. The other half is handling the unsightly scars that pimples leave on your skin. The battle plan is simple: Heal fast and lighten the skin slowly. Use a combination of healing ingredients and mild skin lightening creams to get rid of the pimple scars. Luckily, you can choose between do-it-yourself remedies at home, or use medical creams and treatments. Below are some remedies on how to get rid of pimple scars or different ways to get rid acne scars .
1. Lemon juice and honey. Lemon is a natural skin-bleaching agent. Mix equal parts of fresh lemon juice with water and apply the mixture directly on your pimple scars. Do not leave it too long on your skin; it can cause excessive dryness and redness, even burning. Follow it up with honey, which is the perfect ingredient for those with ultra-sensitive skin. It moisturizes your skin and reduces skin inflammation.
2. Cortisone cream and a skin-lightening cream. Cortisone creams are easily available over-the-counter. Follow it up with any skin-lightening cream that contains any of these ingredients: kojic acid, licorice extract, or vitamin C. To be on the safe side from more skin hazards, however, talk to your doctor.
3. Mixture of Tomato & cucumber juice. Tomato juice has very high antioxidant properties, its application along with mixture of cucumber juice helps greatly in reducing the acne scar.
4. Rose water & sandalwood powder face mask. Make a face mask of sandalwood powder by adding few drops of rose water into it. Put this mask on your face & leave it for an hour. This mask is very helpful in getting rid of acne scars.
5. Olive oil for treating acne scars. Apply 2-3 drops of olive oil on affected area & massage for 20 minutes. Wash off with gentle face wash & pat dry. Repeat this process 2-3 times a week & you will feel the difference.
Method 4: Skin care tips for acne treatment:
1. Drink plenty of water. Keeping yourself hydrated is literally good for you, especially for the largest organ in your body: the skin. Drink at least eight glasses of water a day.
2. Eat a healthy diet. Stay away from fried, oily food. Eat well-balanced meals that contain the right portions for meat, fruit, and vegetables.
3. Wash your face twice a day. This is the mantra when it comes to skin care: Keep your face clean from pimple-causing dirt and oil-clogging pores by washing religiously, day and night. Moisturize afterward as necessary depending on your skin type.
4. Don’t touch or squeeze the affected area. Never squeeze the pimple or touch the affected area with your hands. It may cause infection & can leave permanent scars behind.