Best Dominican Republic Beaches
Dominican Republic has many beaches which provide an excellent view. These beaches are fun for both adults and children. Some of the beaches also provide many water-sport options. Some have calm water safe for swimming.
The top 10 beaches in the Dominican Republic are:
1. Playa Boca Chica: It is located at a short distance from the Santo Domingo airport. The calm water is quite shallow here making it quite safe for especially children. There are a number of restaurants, bars and hotels available. It is one of the most beautiful beaches. Deep sea fishing is available here. You can also buy from the vendors. You can enjoy the night-life here.
2. Playa Dorada: It is located along the Amber coast. Though the water may become rough sometimes and not so suitable for swimming but it is an ideal place for wind-surfers and water-skiers. A number of hotels are present here.
3. Punta Cana: It is located along the eastern coast of Dominican Republic. Its tranquil waters are safe for swimming. It also offers several water-sports like, scuba diving, wind-surfing and water-biking.
4. Playa Rincon: The palm trees and mountains present here enhance the beauty of this place. You can also rent a chair on the beach. You will also see some vendors selling food which you may try eating.
5. Cayo Levantado: It is also known as Bacardi Island. You can take a boat to reach here. The blue water and white sand provides a beautiful view. There are three strips of white sand. It is located to the south of Samana bay.
6. Playa Bonita: This place is a calm one. This place with clear waters has many palm trees which add to its beauty. It is located west of Las Terrenas on the Samana peninsula.
7. Punta Rucia: It is located on the northern coast of Dominican Republic. This place has immense scenic beauty. There is an area of mangroves which will definitely arouse your interest. You can hire a boat to explore that area.
8. Sosua beach: It is located along the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. It is quite close to the Puerto Plata International Airport. There are many hotels and resorts. Scuba diving is its special attraction.
9. Cabarete beach: It is located close to Sosua. It is well-known for windsurfing. A number of bars and restaurants are present here. If you are interested in enjoying night-life then it is an appropriate place.
10. Playa Grande: It is one of the finest beaches. It is quite suitable for surfing. A number of food vendors are available here.
Spending time on the beaches is always very relaxing. Whether it is a water-sport or just watching the waves to hit the shore, going to a beach is always an enjoyable experience. However, you should be extremely careful while swimming.