The appearance of lines, folds and creases in the skin with ageing is termed as wrinkle. Ageing is natural and appearance of wrinkles on the skin is also part of the ageing process. Though ageing has no harmful effects but a wrinkled skin makes a person look older. Thus, wrinkles are always avoided and should be prevented from occurring.
Some of the steps to prevent wrinkles
1. Use a sunscreen to protect your skin from the harmful effects of the UV rays of the sun. The UV rays of the sun damages the fiber present in the skin called as elastin resulting in sagging of the skin. Hence, use a sunscreen of SPF 30 whenever you go out in the sun even in the winter.
2. Moisturize your skin well using a reputed moisturizer, as dry skin is more prone to wrinkles. When you keep your skin moisturized and hydrated you reduce the chances of appearance of wrinkles.
3. Find out those exercises which will boost blood circulation and practice these regularly. Increased flow of blood means increased nutrient flow to the arms and hence, reduced wrinkles.
4. Get rid of the habit of smoking. Smoking besides having many harmful effects also narrows down the blood vessels. Thus, reducing the flow of blood increasing the chances of wrinkles.
5. Stay away from stress. Practice breathing exercises, yoga for relaxation.
6. Adequate sleep is very important to ensure that your skin looks younger.
7. Collagen promotes elasticity of the skin. Use creams that will promote collagen production in your body.
8. Use products having AHA or BHA. Beta hydroxyl acid can reduce wrinkles and alpha hydroxyl acid can remove the dead cell from the skin thus, making the skin look younger and reducing the wrinkles.
9. You can also try lifting weights as, it helps to tone your arms and makes them firm. Firm arms are less susceptible to wrinkles.
Some home-made remedies to treat wrinkle
1. Smash pineapple and papaya. Now, add 1 tablespoon of honey to it. Mix well and now apply to the arms. Wash after half an hour. Pineapple increases the level of Alpha-hydroxyl acid which is helpful in reducing aging. The vitamins present in Papaya smoothens the skin.
2. Take 3 vitamin E capsules. Break them and take out the oil. Add 2 teaspoon of yoghurt, half tablespoon of honey and lemon. Apply this to the wrinkled areas including the arms. Keep it for about 10 minutes. The oil in vitamin E is very thick and makes the skin supple.
3. Mix honey, turmeric and rose water. Now apply this mixture to the arms. Rose water can remove the dry cells thus, making the skin look younger.
4. Mix egg whites with coconut oil. Apply this mixture to arms and other areas. It will enhance the elasticity of the skin. It will reduce the sagging of the skin. Thus, it helps to prevent wrinkles.
5. Castor oil is well-known for its excellent moisturizing properties. Massage a few drops of castor oil on your arms regularly. It will help in making your arms smooth and soft, preventing wrinkles to appear on it.
Laser treatment for wrinkles
1. Laser can be used to treat wrinkled skin. After a laser therapy, the upper layer of the wrinkled skin will be removed exposing the new skin with fewer wrinkles. Moreover, it also promotes the production of collagen which makes the skin firm and younger.
2. Eat citrus fruits and peaches which are a rich source of Vitamin C. Eat olives. Eat vegetables like, spinach, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli and turnip. Eat fishes like salmon which are rich in fatty acids.
3. Avoid eating red meat and potatoes. Avoid alcohol, carbonated drinks. Drink lot of water to keep your skin hydrogenated as dry skin wrinkles easily.
4. Eating a healthy diet, following a healthy lifestyle and practicing physical exercises regularly along with the remedies mentioned here will help you to get rid of wrinkles.